View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Al Jurgela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I had a chance to buy a Graziano once but I don't really like the card itself, don't think much of Graziano (not an elite level fighter), and didn't want to spend the cheddar on it.

The R y J Johnson is not an attractive card, IMO:

Kind of a crappy picture in a not so pretty format. It is rare as hell and very valuable, but doesn't do it for me, which is why I sold mine when the chance presented itself. He has a lot of nicer looking cards.

The Dempseys (there are 2 different poses and at least three distinct cards known) are better looking than the Johnson but still not that great looking.

Someone has been trying to sell a Dempsey on eBay for a while. Price has been reduced from $4500 to $1800 as of this morning, so go get it!

As for T9s and T227, I thought long and hard about adding either to my list but came back again to the T218 as a favorite card. I think it just looks better. T218 has some other gems in it. I also really like Stan:

Here's another card I absolutely love from a design standpoint:

I actually like the dempsey one... I have a couple of the Jack Johnson Romeo y Julieta cards... I think that the $1800 for the dempsey is too much....
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
All Oscar Charleston Cards
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards