View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 08:37 AM
J@$0n.Chri$$i$

Hey John,

I'm a team collector too. I've been collecting modern Pirates autos. I tend to stay away from the stickers too unless the photo is really cool. Like me, it doesn't seem like you are collecting for resale. If you are, then the autos that say "1st Bowman Chrome" will be worth the most if the player ends up being a stud. You pay the most for those too especially if they are serial #'d colored refractors (or whatever they're called).

Being that we are a Pre-War/Vintage board, most would agree that autos from Heritage, Archives, Gypsy Queen, and Allen & Ginter are pretty cool and I would agree. I especially like Archives because they produce "Fan Favorite" autos of past players that team collectors like us will appreciate such as Kent Tkulve, Tony Pena, Sid Bream, etc. They also use old different Topps designs each year so they're pretty cool. You should check out what Cubs they've produced over the past few years.

My two other favorites for modern autos would be Topps Museum and Stadium Club. You won't pay as much for them as the more popular issues. The Museum ones are all serial #'d on-card autos that just look nice in my opinion. Stadium Club is on-card autos as well and really has some cool photography. Here's a couple of my Stadium Club examples from 2019:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture1.JPG (71.3 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.jpg (67.7 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by VoodooChild; 07-26-2019 at 08:42 AM.