View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Don Hontz

Default Babe Ruth Ball Traced Over

Guys I am confused as all of you on this baseball----What I can tell you is this Ball came into our shop when Jimmy Spence was having a Authentication day at the shop---He looked at the ball for 1/2 hour and did authenticate it---why the cert is not in his data base I dont know---I would have to talk to him---I will see him at the National----there are a few other names on the ball(two being the owner's mother and grandparents along with the State----also some other writing on a panel which I cant read.---why Jimmy mentioned clubhouse, I dont know---but he did feel Babe signed the ball and then it was traced over (maybe why he mentioned clubhouse)----The coa is good and everything is legit----again I will talk to Jimmy on it for a update---it was done like 5 years ago and the fellow came into the shop this week and sold it to me.---We had a authentication last sat again with JSA but the ball came in later in the week.---I will put a price on the ball at $500 and we can go from there.---If it doesnt sell, I will have it at the National if anyone cares to look at it. I know it isnt a topnotch ball and I am not trying to sell it at top dollar. I also would prefer a signed Babe ball that isnt traced over but this is how the ball is. low grade etc. I hope I helped a little here. thanks, Don