Thread: ot - card store
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

V&M Sports Cards
5419 Merrick Road
Massapequa, NY 11758

Stopped in yesterday. Two guys running it. Mike was there when I visited. He is more knowledgeable about modern. His partner is more the vintage guy. They had some vintage which is always cool. Not a lot of material, but it looks like they are just getting set up and the other owner usually takes the higher priced stuff home with him when he leaves. Prices seemed high but as Mike explained, they are negotiable. I looked through maybe 15-20 T206 commons and almost bought a mid/low grade T202 because the price was fair. Saw some Bowmans including a mid grade 52 Mantle, Topps from the 50-70's, Gerald Ford and some other autos. We talked cards for an hour or so and I picked up fourteen 1959 commons for my set.

Again, they are just getting set up, so hard to gauge what type of material they will have, but it is what I expect in a card shop. Vintage, a place to stop by a couple times a month, maybe pick up a few things, and talk cards with friendly people. I will definitely check it out again in a few weeks after they are all set up.

I told Mike about net54, so maybe he will sign up and can contribute more information about his shop.