View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckettfan View Post
This is awesome Brian. Keep it coming. It's never too much. I have only gotten back into collecting in the last 3 years after a 25 year absence. Right now I have 2 large cases that are designed to hold 50 graded cards a piece. It's UV Glass but I'm not sold. My home office is the spot, but I like the idea of not seeing them all the time.
Thanks for your kind words, Kris. Much obliged. Kris, you might consider a lightweight fabric cover that would shield your graded cards. Perhaps go to a store that sells fabric remnants. They might have a couple pieces that would sufficiently cover your displays. I know there's sheer drapery, and then there's blackout fabric, that cuts out ALL incoming light. Get a couple pieces of the blackout that are larger than what you need, cut them down, and with a sewing machine, reinforce the ends. You might wish to sew a length-wise loop, then insert a dowel rod to fit over each case when you're not admiring your crafted collection.

If you don't know how to use a sewing machine, as I, perhaps your dear wife or significant other, or a trusted friend who's good seamstress, can do the job to your requirements.

Above all Kris, when it comes to crafts, think it through carefully so you will be truly pleased when it's all done.

The weight of each cover should not disturb anything, I would think, but test and consider all the potential problems/interferences that might come up, and nip those in the bud.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the very best. Let's face it, as much as period Mickey Mantle cards, coins, et al cost, we must needs to take right proper care of them! Hey, even some of the gorgeous, more difficult to get in high grade post-career Micks are getting pricey.

Gotta make my lunch, so time to vamoose. ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 06-12-2017 at 12:11 PM.