View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 12:58 PM

Default Rhoades

Quote:
Originally Posted by majordanby View Post
the rhoades is typically perceived as a difficult card to attain. However, it has been up for sale quite a bit in recent years. This is likely correlated with the increased demand and popularity of the set. I actually purchased a Rhoades at what i thought was a very good price a few years back. I sold it due to financial reasons for a slight loss.

I've found the bransfield and the kleinow to be tougher to find. The HOF'ers, specifically Speaker, Evers, Johnson, Mathewson, Lajoie and Cobb, generally are fairly expensive, even at lower grades. horizontal cards also are relatively expensive, even for non HOF'ers. Whenever i do see a kleinow up for auction, it goes for higher than i expected/want.

i started collecting this set at the unfortunate time it was hot only to see the prices of these cards dampen quite a bit since then. i've been forced to sell quite a few of them, some at a loss, due to financial constraints.

try doing a search on this forum for "turkey scarcity." there are a few posts discussing t3 scarcity, specifically related to backs.
It may be just semantics regarding Rhoades....certainly it seems as if Rhoades is more difficult than commons. Has anyone had difficulty locating Bransfield or Kelinow? Just curious.