View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
If a card differs from it's counterparts in some way for any reason is that enough for some here to collect it ? Does it matter if it is recuring or not ? Does the cause of the difference matter ? Cropping differences ? Registration error ? Does it matter how much the defect stands out ? How many collect miscuts ? Blank fronts/backs ? Wrong front/backs ?

Does anyone have a set of parameters they use ? All years or just some years ? How many end up picking up the ones that show up here if they were unaware of them previously ?
Too many questions for this early in the morning.....I enjoy collecting all of the options that you noted above, including print shifts.

I also like to understand what the cause of the difference is on each card like this that I come across....some are caused by print shifts, some are true variations, some are random ink marks, some are missing colors, etc .

To me, the cause of the difference does not make a card any more or less desirable, if the difference appeals to me, I'll collect it.