View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 05:23 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch7999 View Post
Researching/networking on this as well (love these sort of questions)...
Could be wrong on any of this but:
Can't yet identify the player, but, to us, he doesn't look at all like Doug Young. Our own first impression
was that it was Marcel Pronovost, but no, Pronovost was a lefthand shot.
Pretty certain that's neither a Rochester nor New York Americans sweater -- we've never seen an example
of either team's sweater in the "football" (numbers on front) style, and both sported a lot more stars.
Not an NHL All-Star Game sweater either -- checked all (at least most of) the pre-expansion ASG styles
and none come close.
Rob/Kurri stated what we were thinking -- a minor-league ASG sweater. The major (but not major-league) rip
in his left stocking suggests some low-budget minor-league shabbiness.
Not seeing any reflections indicating glass surrounding the rink, so this might maybe perhaps be from
the "chicken-wire" days, again suggestive of a 1950s low-minor-league ambience...
Waiting to hear back from sources and contacts...
The more I looked the more I went against my original thought, but I am surprised you guys think it is a later, or less older shot, rather than an earlier one? I assume you guys see things that tell you it is a much later/newer pic than the 30's-40's?

Personally, I think it is just a picture day or practice shot. Hence his gear. Notice the guy in the background standing way down by the net near the goalie. No way he'd be there if it was a real game nor would he be standing still.
Curiosity is getting the better of me so I think I am going to pull out my Beehives to see if I can find someone who resembles him. Might be futile, especially if it's a much later shot, but, like I alluded to, the pic struck me as someone I have seen before, and the only place I can think of, is someone in my Beehive collection.