View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:38 AM

Default JimStinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgo71 View Post
Piazza is not really that tough at all. In fact, I am 5-for-5 in IP experiences with him over the years. Maybe I'm lucky but he's been pretty friendly every time I've seen him. He's not even in the same galaxy as Dr. Mike, in terms of toughness.

George Hendrick is another notorious toughie. Rarely signs IP but at least you can break him down every once in a while. When he does sign IP, he will usually sign only Cardinals items for some reason.
The George Hendrick experience ! When he was playing in the senior league in Florida when ever he was asked for an autograph he'd politely say "No Thanks" ....I had a $50.00 bet with another collector that he could NOT get Hendrick to sign.

One day in the parking lot he found Tom Paciorek's wallet and it had about $400.00 in it, he returned it to Paciorek personally and the Tom kept thanking him over and over , couldn't believe the guys honesty. So Paciorek reached over and gave the guy that returned his wallet one of his bats as a way of saying thanks. The collector politely refused and said there "IS ONE FAVOR you can do for me" determined to win his bet he asked Paciorek if he could get Hendrick to sign a ball for him, Paciorek looked at him like....."Thats all you want ?" and grabbed a baseball trotted over to Hendrick and we all sat there in stitches laughing as Hendrick kept shaking his head NO ! Tom Paciorek was so furious we thought he was going to deck him...lol. Finally red in the face he trotted back over and said you are going to have to settle for one of my bats .....