View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Here they are close together...

Very interesting as there are definitely some glaring similarities; angles, slant, flow of the entire sig as a whole as well as many of the individual letters; end of the "b" through the "e" and the start of the "R".

However, the one up top(ebay) looks slowly drawn; each letter starting and ending with much thought(ex: end of the R/start if the U). And then there is the obvious "a" but I agree with most that one letter does not define a piece.

To me, the one on the bottom looks like one would sign their own name on a ball like they have done it without thinking. The one on the top looks like one a very good forger would do on a flat looking at a similar exemplar as the ball and done it before. IMNHO

I went back and forth on this one for a bit here but thought I should give a definitive opinion either way if I was going to open my yapper.. The problem is, I am not expert on Ruth Signatures.

Any of our autograph experts on here actually have a difinitive opinion??? Psa dna gave their opinion. What is yours?? Way to give a opinion either way Scott..Good post.
Yep, I see your points as well. I guess I've been looking at that green '27 Yankees ball too long, so my definition of 'slowly written' has changed.