View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 06:02 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
To avoid this, don't click Buy It Now but click Add To Cart. Do the same with the other items from the same seller. Once done, go to your shopping cart and request total from seller. At this point, you commit to purchasing the items and they get locked in as you being the buyer. Now just wait for an invoice from the seller with combined shipping and everyone is happy.
In my situation above, that's exactly how I did it. That's how I always do it when I'm looking at multiple items from the same seller. So, I decided on the two cards above, went to my cart to checkout, clicked the "Pay only this seller" option (I had other items in my cart from other sellers) and that's when it tried to charge me twice for shipping - it didn't apply the shipping discount. So, I backed up, and clicked the "Request total from seller" option knowing I would commit to the purchase and just wait for the invoice. Instead, I got an immediate message from eBay saying the seller doesn't combine shipping. Sure, at that point I could have messaged the seller and waited for them to correct it on their end, but I would have risked losing the cards to another buyer.

So, what you described is the way it's supposed to work, but my guess is that the seller didn't have their shipping discounts set up properly.