View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 07:14 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkdmn View Post
Thank you for the input thus far. I updated the pics. The figure I was given as an estimate from the buyer included 2 Xtra digits than the average mentioned thus far in this thread...I'm not sure whether to doubt the buyer now...His interest seemed to be heightened around the fact that there's at least 4 hall of famers on here, that Wagner and Mack weren't actually players but guests of honor, and that it took place at Warren Field. REGARDLESS, I thank you again for the insight..
The autographs certainly appear genuine. The format that they are in is what makes the estimates here in the three-figure range. Pencil sigs on small lined paper are not highly sought after. The HOFers here are very desirable but also are available in much more desirable formats.
However, I cannot comprehend any real buyer offering thousands of dollars for this notebook, let alone the five figures that you seem to imply. When push comes to shove, I truly would doubt the veracity of that offer.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow