View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default my 2 cents

First of all SGC is an advertiser here so I want that to be taken into account. That being said, my service from SGC at the National was extraordinarily good. They did have their main customer service person leave the company unexpectedly the day before the show. That had to take some sort of toll. I thought the crew there did a great job, especially under the circumstances. And even with being a little short-handed my order was done on time, correctly and professionally. As a matter of fact I spoke with several of the SGC staff and they said that was their best National ever!! I think they did a great job. As far as not grading something the way someone wants them to, I am glad to hear that. More often than not I also don't get the grade or decision I hope for, but they always explain why. Brockelman & Luckey Auctions continues to make them our grader of choice....with BVG a close second, for me personally. As far as realized prices, I will always pay a little more for a higher end vintage card in one of their holders as opposed to PSA. Even though I think PSA does a good job, I trust SGC much more. I know I have spoken to hundreds of vintage collectors and most feel the same way I do...even though they might not publicly say anything. I do hope the new upper management will let the crew do what they know how to do best. As long as that happens, and the graders from before (except Derek) are still there, then I have a lot of confidence in them going forward. best regards