View Single Post
Old 05-03-2003, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Default Seattle Baseball

Posted By: Hankron

I've been hired to write/edit a coffee table book concerning the history of baseball in Seattle, and am in the process of looking for images. This will be mostly photographs, but selected visually interesting memorabilia (trading cards, programs, uniforms, etc) likely will also be included. The book covers all facets of baseball in Seattle, including Pacific Coast League, Mariners, Pilots, Fred Hutchinson, Huskies, women, kids playing in the back yard. It is possible, depending on the material available, that near-Seattle baseball will also be included. The images will be chosen mostly due to the visual appeal (it's a coffee table book for eye-candy purposes, after all)-- meaning I'd prefer a stunning picture of some nobody than an ugly picture of Ken Griffy.

At this time, I don't need large images but communication from those who have item(s) of interest or can offer leads. Ultimately, the images needed for publication will have to be of super quality so, as neccesary, acquiring large images will be done down the road. If you are in the Seattle area, I would prefer to visit in person and take the photos myself. At the least, contributers will get specific mention in the book. Other neccesary conditions from the image owner can be discussed with me privately.

My email is iinked above,

Thanks
David