View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 06:32 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnatiusJReilly View Post
I’ve been thinking of taking a similar collecting approach. I’m a Cubs fan, so I would like to add Banks in there as well. I really like the idea of putting together a nice Topps/Bowman run of Aaron, Mays, Banks, and Robinson. These are classic cards that can be had for a fraction of Mantle but represent some of the best careers in a time when baseball was at the top of American sports. I think it’s a great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My postwar collecting focus over the years has been very, very broad, but Mays and Aaron cards, along with Robinson, have emerged as a focus for me. I am not sure I like the early Bowman issues of Mays enough to drop the money for them. Though I would be happy adding his 1954-1957 Topps cards to the 1953 Topps I already have. Conveniently, I also am not a big fan of his '52 Topps card. The 1956-1958 Topps cards of Aaron are also targets to go along with what I have. I like each player's '55 Bowman, too.

Like you said, they are cheaper to collect than Mantle, which just serves as an added bonus.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk