View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 02:31 PM
Michael Skiles

Default 62 Jell-O Toughies

Ken's post is spot on. As for collecting a Cardinals team set, Simmons, Flood etc. are extremely difficult. In addition if you are collecting Cardinals, from the 1963 Jell-O set: Javier, Gotay, James, Oliver, Gibson, McDaniel are relatively difficult to obtain as all of them appeared on 6 ounce boxes. In my experience James is the most difficult of the 5. (All of the difficult cards in the 63 set were on 6 ounce boxes) An aside to this is the Post Cereal sets from 61-63. There are no known toughies from the 62 set. Curt Flood can be difficult in the 63 Post set. It could also be noted that James is more difficult as he appeared on only one box type. In the 1961 set the Cardinals are the most difficult to complete. Dan Mabey referred to this in his book on the 1961 set. (Cardboard, Crunch, Milk & Scissors) "Four of the six single prints appeared on non-mainstream packages". As has been my experience they are and Larry Jackson is extremely difficult.
I am very interested in resolving who was on what box in the 62 Jell-O set. I have a list of players we have not identified. If any interest please message me.