View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 12:28 AM
Curt

It's cool that you had the chance to discuss or share some of the collection with Ashburn, despite him not having an interest.

I have often wondered about that. I know some celebrities do meet their "super fans" and although we probably won't know what they really think (STALKER!!!), at least in print they often seem fascinated by the collections.

I wonder if I ever had the opportunity to show off my collection to Steve Garvey, would he even care? Maybe he might take note of an item or two he had never seen before or in a very long time, but I suppose he sees a lot of stuff over the years at shows and signings. If he even cared at all, he'd probably need to see something really obscure.

Reminds me of when I met Dave Stewart at a signing a few years back. He commented that he had never seen the 1981 Long Beach Press Telegram item that I asked him to sign, but the best part was when he was checking out one of the early 80s Dodger police cards. He shared with me that he remembered the exact game from the photo. Apparently he had not seen one in a while and since I had dupes, I offered one to him and he seemed sincerely appreciative that I gave it to him.