View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 09:21 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I deleted the tirade, though I stand behind what was said, and will only say you are sadly wrong. Here is one of many studies on the subject. Read up on Pit Bulls, from scientific studies, and then write responses which are informed. The media touts pit bull problems, in particular, because it sells. Furthermore when studies do show Pits attack more often it is always due to external factors surrounding the specific dog (almost 100% of the time they have been abused) , not the dog breed that is the issue.

https://avmajournals.avma.org/doi/ab...ma.243.12.1726

and the conclusion included in the above research of Dog Bite Related Fatalities between 2000-2009-

Conclusions and Clinical Relevance—Most DBRFs (Dog Bite Related Fatalities) were characterized by coincident, preventable factors; breed was not one of these. Study results supported previous recommendations for multifactorial approaches, instead of single-factor solutions such as breed-specific legislation, for dog bite prevention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Yeah, all pit bull owners say how sweet and gentle their dogs are, and never can believe it when their dog bites some little girl's arm off, or rips the throat out of some little boy. Every month or so you hear about these dogs attacking and maiming or killing another child - and yet these dogs still aren't banned. Mystifying to me...

I hope the owner of that rott-pit mix doesn't have young children - putting a yellow bow on its head doesn't change that dog's true disposition.

Last edited by Leon; 08-12-2018 at 04:12 PM. Reason: clarification