View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 08:42 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieg View Post
Is there a good place to view JH vs. authentic Williams signatures?
I believe this is an urban myth. I've seen these allegations for years, yet when asked for proof, no one has ever produced an example of a John Henry signed Green Diamond "Ted Williams."

Some time ago I asked the major TPAs and they do not believe that John Henry signed any Green Diamond material.

But, I believe I know how this myth started...

Back in the 1990s at a card show, John Henry was boasting to a small group of dealers that he could sign Ted's name. John Henry then proceeded to show how well he could do it and he signed "Ted Williams" on a slip of paper.

I have seen that slip of paper. It was a poor forgery that would not fool anyone familiar with Ted's signature. John Henry could not deceptively sign Ted's signature.

I believe this myth sprang from this incident when John Henry was bullsh1tt1ng a group of guys. Over time it evolved into "John Henry was a master forger and he signed Green Diamond photos."

If someone can produce examples of JH forgeries, I will be all ears and willing to re-evaluate. I have no skin in the game either way. Until then, I think it's just all talk.

Last edited by Mr. Zipper; 12-05-2018 at 08:45 AM.