View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 06:18 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
You truly are a lunatic. I referenced the defect in the graphic in my earlier response. Can you please go back and circle where you mentioned "Super Glue". Oh what's that? You meant "glue" not "Super Glue"? Are you lying or did you misremember what you had actually said in the email? In Manco Land is only Greg allowed to misremember? All I remembered was that you complained about something that was visible in the picture.

And here's the fun part. I paid $280 for that pennant. I wouldn't have paid $280 if the paint was hanging off as you theorize it must have been. Then I let you have it for $230 and on top of that I refunded another $50! So by all means, if you want to sell me that beautiful pennant for $180, I'll take it. Where do I send the money?

$180 for a 1960 All Star Game pennant that is in otherwise mint condition and you think I'm ripping you off? Prove it by selling it back to me.

And since we're sharing emails, here's my initial reply in which I so egregiously insulted him...though it's odd he'd be offended by being told he's no longer welcome to buy pennants from someone he considers dishonest. Then again, he continued to buy and/or try to buy my pennants long after the 1960 AS Game sale so who knows how this guy thinks.

By all means send it back. As an FYI...I took the spine and tassels off to soak them in Oxy Clean foam. They were pretty dirty but not damaged so I figured they'd clean up nicely which they did. I thought the spine was reattached pretty cleanly but if you're not satisfied, no worries.

It will probably be easier for both of us if you just don't buy anything from me. Seems you have quite a few issues with me (and others). No offense intended. Hope you understand.

PS...I highly recommend Oxi Clean Foam for cleaning tassels and spines. Works fast and doesn't damage the material at all.
Deal. I’ll ABSOLUTELY sell you back the ASG pennant for $180, please add $5 towards shipping, I’ll pay the rest and mail flat. I have it stored in a tub. I was going to sell it soon, but since I actually have integrity, I was going to have to disclose the repair/alteration, thus I was not confident that I would get a good return as a result. So you fixed that for me, thank you. You will surely do much better with it, maybe even get $300-400 or more, since you have clearly demonstrated to be without a conscience and will likely not disclose the issue to potential buyers. And if the buyer actually does bring it to your attention, you can once again pretend not to know about it.

You have my email address, you can send it via PayPal, wait until Monday if you want, I’ll mail on Monday and post the receipt.

Oh and I apologize for not referring to the *type* of glue in my initial email, as if that is relevant, of course I figured you’d do anything but own up to your dishonesty.

Thanks for the purchase,

Greg

P.S. ... If you were so certain upon me buying that altered pennant that I would have an issue with it ... you wrote something about “getting popcorn ready” ... why didn’t you just reach out to me immediately to inform me of what you did to it, let me decide, I would have let you cancel and you could have reposted. You knew full well the shadiness of your own actions, you just hoped someone who didn’t know any better would buy it. Again: we are here right now because you didn’t have the decency to disclose an alteration in a sale. Again: it’s much easier to not be a lowlife.

Last edited by thetahat; 04-17-2021 at 06:22 PM.