View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: DD

As a mostly lurker, sometimes poster, it is clear why threads that are started by Bruce can become hijacked. Although I have never met him, his use of the royal "we", the word "whilst", and misusing the word "cadre" reeks of arrogance.

The board would carry on just as well, if not better without him.

I have read several non-card articles and references on Bruce and his firm; these are available on the internet. When he is quoted, it is always "I", and not "we", and the tone is completely different from what he posts here.

If his tone was different, I am sure many people would enjoy his contributions and knowledge; fact of the matter is, if you take it from whom it comes, aspersions will always be cast his way.

It's clear that there are many people on this board that collect lower end cards and beaters, for whatever reason, that enjoy doing so as much as Bruce enjoys his high-end pursuits.

It is also clear that there are people on this board, such as Hal, Leon, Preece, and others whose collections rival, if not surpass Bruces's.

Come join the masses Bruce. Drop the better than thou appearance and contribute something positive.