View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 01:33 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
So what if he was? Isn't that what eBay is all about, looking for deals? Or are you one of those buyers that when you search, you sort by "Highest Price First"?

You need to look at the poll on the main board. There is nothing wrong trolling eBay looking for bargains (cards priced below market value), looking for errors in listings (misspellings in title or key words), unknown variations, etc. That is what eBay is all about.
I do not seeing anything inherently wrong with looking for good deals or even pricing mistakes. I do see a problem with complaining when a seller catches the mistake and does not honor the price that was posted in error.

I only mentioned I thought the OP was "trolling for pricing errors" because others implied this was unlikely. I disagree with their assessment.

I have not been paid for these, or any posts. Nor have I been asked to comment by anyone. My opinion isn't that important, although I do enjoy sharing it from time to time on this discussion board.

Mistakes do happen on the buyer side as well. I believe I have 2 bid retractions in my time on ebay, both honest mistakes that were retracted quickly. I even hit the BIN button once when I meant to send a best offer. I emailed the seller immediately and he canceled the sale and let me make the offer I meant to send. We did end up reaching an agreement between the two numbers. None of these situations called for a complaint to be published in a public forum.