View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Ben Martin

Default T 209 & T210 Questions. Thinking about collecting the Winston-Salem team

Let me start by saying I own a grand total of 4 Tobacco era cards. I got back into collecting early last year. I mostly collect Chicago Cubs and work on a few sets here an there.

I recently discovered/noticed the Winston-Salem cards in the T209 and T210 sets. I was born in Winston-Salem, NC and lived there a few times during the years. I now live around an hour away in VA.

Anyway I have became really interested in these cards recently. I have held off on buying any thus far due to my lack of knowledge. That's why I am making this post. I am looking for some good resources to learn more about these sets. Any websites, articles, etc that you guys could point me towards would be greatly appreciated. Also any tips or advice would be great as well.

I have been looking at the few online and it seems asking prices may be high. I have noticed some have sold for less looking at completed auctions. I am also a bit weary of buying cards that are ungraded due to my lack of knowledge although condition isn't of the greatest concern I just don't want an altered card as it may be harder to sell in the future. I don't mind some of the lower graded cards. I saw one graded a 1.5 that I would be happy to own. Do the prices vary widely on these and are some rarer than others?

I hope you guys can point me in the right direction. I appreciate any replies or advice.