View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 12:13 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

Todays mail brought this eBay win. 1972 Topps hi number 331 Mercury Morris. I can't tell you how many eBay auctions I have bid on for this card, only to come up short. A tough card hi number AND popular with those that collect Dolphins cards related to their 1972 "Perfect Season" There is NO WAY I am going to get this card at a discount!
The card was described as NRMT+ which seems to be "pushing" it a bit LOL but what do I know, I always look for the low grade cards. The card is way off centered, a dinged corner, and has some print defect in the upper left that I thought was a wax stain but my trusty "panty hose" remover wouldn't do the trick! And all kinds of snow on the card NRMT+ I did leave positive feedback but dinged the seller on his card description LOL! But I am SO glad to get this card and this leaves me with just ONE more hi number to complete my 1972 Topps football set.
I still need #266 Rayfield Wright Cowboys All-Pro, and yes, I have lost many battles on eBay for this card too. But I will prevail (meaning I'll probably overpay to complete my set).
The Mercury Morris card "books" NM $25 in the Standard Catalog and I set my "snipe" for $23.77 and I took it home for "only" $18.50. Seller charged me $3.95 to ship, and I see on the small size bubble mailer that his cost was .94c so I dinged his feedback on that too LOL! So my cost was $22.45 or 90% "book" price.
It might sound like I am bitchen' but I'm not. I knew what the card looked like and I knew what he charged for shipping before I even bid. It's just a little insight into how my pea brain works!
Time to go over-pay for that Rayfield Wright!
Larry