View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 11:24 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Mark-

Your comments concerning having known a Whitlow Wyatt, have sent me on my own research trip and through that, a better idea.

John Whitlow Wyatt, the MLB pitcher, was married to my grandmother's first cousin...but I have always claimed him as a 'full' cousin and always will.

I had already discovered that his son, John Whitlow Wyatt, Jr, had passed away in 1976.

My latest google search found that John Whitlow Wyatt III, born in 1970, had also already passed away...in 2012.

However, he is survived by his wife of seventeen years and 3 children, the oldest of which, John Whitlow (Jack) Wyatt IV, would be 17-18 years old now.

I will travel to their hometown, introduce myself, explain my connection and offer my Whitlow Wyatt collection to his great-grandson.

Not being able to 'take it with me', I can think of no better person to give it to.

Cool, huh?

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 03-31-2017 at 11:24 PM.