View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 10:01 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
Basketball?

Ha Ha, they don't play by the rules, they travel, they carry the ball, dive when bumped. It's pretty phony, nowhere near what Naismith intended it to be. It's pretty much a street ball show.

I don't care so much about the traveling and carrying. Used to annoy me but it opens the door to a little bit more creativity as long as it's not too egregious.

What does bother me immensely is the Italian Soccer League style flopping that has become popular among players the last 5 years or so. Offensive players throwing themselves into defenders beyond the 3 point line to throw up a no hoper and getting 3 free throws out of it. Getting 3 free throws on one play used to happen once every few games........now you have teams like the Houston Rockets who specialize in getting that call several times per game.

It's the reason why my least favorite team and player is the Rockets and James Harden. Guy would rather trick the refs into calling a foul while throwing the ball into the 3rd row, rather then go hard to the basket and put it in the basket and risk NOT getting a call.

I like the Warriors a lot, because they seem to be more interested in putting the ball into the basket as efficiently as possible, while using ball movement to get guys open, then turning games into free throw contests.