View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 10:18 PM
Alan Elefson

Default Red Sox Player Identification Help

Hi-
First, I want to thank everyone who has responded to my previous question threads. I sometimes forget to thank folks in those threads and I do not want to bump old ones to the top just to do that.

Second, I have a few different Red Sox photos where I cannot identify the player. I am not that good at figuring these things out and would appreciate any help board members can provide. I am trying to collect one image of every player who ever played for the Red Sox (card, photo, newspaper clipping, etc.).

Third, here are the scans. The first scan shows someone identified as Jimmy Morgan on the back. This photo was sold in an RMY auction and they noted that no one with that name ever played for the Red Sox. They speculated it could be a spring training player who never made the team, or it could have been mislabeled. The second scan shows three snapshot photos. The one on the left is from the 1920s and the other two are from the 1940s or 50s most likely. The third scan shows a real photo post card from the 1910s era from Arkansas. When I purchased it there was a paper label identifying at least one player but I lost the label. I can provide better scans of any of these if needed. I really appreciate any help that can be provided.

Alan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img528.jpg (64.5 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg img530.jpg (65.4 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg img553.jpg (66.3 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg img554.jpg (72.6 KB, 236 views)