View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 11:38 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrm1977 View Post
On a side note, I don't understand why someone would send items to a ebay "auction house". I truly never understood that. I can understand if you don't have the time to list, ship etc but, why on earth do people do this? It just doesn't register with me.

Nick
The turnaround time to get paid is much faster for ebay consignment shops. For example, PWCC has something like 11 auctions per year. Probstein is year round (e.g., they list immediately after they receive the items.) REA only has 2 auctions per year. They need a lead time to receive the items so that they can put it into their print catalog. Therefore even thought they pay out consigments lightning fast, if the items you want to sell don't align closely with their auction dates, you might need to wait around 6 months after you send your consignments to REA before you actually get paid. Other auction houses may have auctions much more frequently than REA, but then they often don't pay until 45 calendar days until after the auction close, and they still require a long lead time before their auction starts to get it into the catalog. Therefore, if you need to raise cash quickly, and want a consignment shop that typically has much lower fees than most auction houses, then ebay shops are often the best bet.