View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 12:34 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directly View Post
If the Griffey Jr auto is not original to the card and was added later to possibly enhance the value, isn't this somewhat deceiving the Beckett Flip didn't advise the card had been altered.

Might this card be in the same category as other doctored cards not disclosing this fact ?-- (the card wasn't pulled from the pack as originally intended by the manufacturer)
Interesting question. I don't really know the answer, and this is a unique example. No other card would be considered altered because the player on it signed it. Did the cards vary at all from the factory if they were dual or single signed? Would collectors care if the signature was added later?

I just like that it's the only card with my 2 personal favorite players from different eras on the same card. While I would prefer one that was pack issued with both signatures I could certainly see myself buying one with Griffey added later. Especially if this fact was disclosed and it saved me a few hundred bucks.