View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Default 1890 - 1920 Baseball Pinbacks/Buttons

Posted By: Al Simeone

Hi Dan,
I talk to Rob alot and he sold his pinback collection some time ago. There are some very good pin collections out there and I know of quite a few but most arenot posters here. I would say the Good Dr. M has an extensive collection but as it was put to me he never did include any of the (real pin sets) in his book because as he puts it They were done before in other reference books . There for it wasnt necessary. Sad though it would have been nice to see alot of those sets. As a big collector I dont even know if some of those sets even exist in complete form I.E. Diamond gum, buster browns, stenzels. etc. I think alot of people have pieces to the puzzle but not the whole puzzle. I would love to see some posters prove me wrong with some nice pictures!!! When I decided to sell of my cameo pepsin collection Mine was probably the largest collection put together in the country. But I knew I would never be able to finish it so instead I decided to sell it and give someone else a chance to work on it. It was getting harder to find them . But a funny story about it. No sooner do I sell mine I was contacted and told that another collection will be coming to the surface in the next 6 months. Just found and with some very nice pins!!
I wont say witch house (not my place) but it will be another nice lot!!