View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 04:47 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I have John Rogers LOA's like that - mine simply said that the photo came from a scrapbook belonging to a certain players' estate. I have had letters before that came from infamous hobbyists - you have to make the decision as to whether or not it is worth advertising when you attempt to sell or trade the piece. For instance, I used to have an item that was definitely authentic, right down to photo-matching; however, it once belonged to Barry Halper and had a letter from him, signed. The seller didn't mention this, but included it anyway. I thought it added an interesting parameter to the piece, as I had enough supporting evidence as to its authenticity.

Same thing for my Rogers letters - they indicate where the pieces came from, but really don't provide any other authentication. If Rogers claimed something was 'Type I' and I needed a letter, I would get someone else to look at it and then toss Rogers' letter.
Rogers is about to spend many years in jail for fraud relating to such photos so I'm pretty certain his LOA's are good solely for toilet paper or fish wrapping.