View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 07:27 AM

Default Ebay - Paypal Seller protection? Really?

A very good friend of mine (not me for once) got burned badly by the gent who's name and info is posted at the end of this thread. He was hoping he was protected by paypal or ebay and both let him down. Any help, suggestions, or knowledge about the fraudulent buyer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

"Sold T206 Ty Cobb Green Portrait PSA 5 on April 20th for $5500. on ebay to buyer bidsformore. Buyer paid via paypal on April 27th and card was shipped fully insured via express mail and was signed for and delivered on April 30th. After almost two months pass by the buyer files a chargeback with american express stating the buyer claims that the item was damaged on receipt or is significantly not as described. So after almost two months pass with NO contact from buyer stating to me the seller there was a problem with the package or the item was damaged since it was fully insured with the post office he files a chargeback. Once the chargeback was filed paypal immediately cancelled a bank transfer of $1800+ from my account as well as giving me a negative $-3700. balance which paypal wants me to immediately pay. Spoke to supervisor at paypal and they told me since buyer claims it was not as described the best case scenario for me is too have my card returned as there is no chance of getting my money back. The other great news is that so called seller protection policy they claim to have is NOT covered when a buyer claims the item is not as described. Again this was a graded card from PSA!! This buyer bidsformore on ebay last five feedbacks are all negatives from buyers who were scammed from this guy. It's great to see paypal and ebay are again looking out for the best interest of there sellers!!! Make sure you stay clear of this fraud!! By the way the PSA 5 Green Cobb's serial number is 09032078 with a sweet caporal 150 back as I am sure he sold the card within this two month timetable. Here is this Fraud's info where the card was delivered and the info which was given on his ebay account."
Shaunt Azadian
233 N. Maclay Ave. #147
San Fernando, CA 91340
818-402-8786