View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 02:20 PM

I'm not an appraiser, but I would say $50-$60. It is fairly modern and anonymous, but is a nice looking example. Nice pose with charector, good looking mount, decent condition. I haven't bought or sold baseball cabinets in a while so may be rusty on pricing, but can testify that it's a nice looking example for its type and genre.

Identification of place often will raise value, but not always. It depends on who are the bidders/buyers. Some buyers will value it more knowing it's from their home county, many just like knowing the whole story even when they have no connection to the place, and potential buyers in Mississippi and Oregon, as examples, may not value it more when informed it's from Bismark North Dakota.

One thing I do remember is when I sold a diverse selection of vintage football photos on eBay. Whenever I placed on eBay a University of Wisconsin Badgers football photo the winner would be from Wisconsin. I could count on it. Though with college teams there are especially strong connections and followings from locals and alumni.

Last edited by drc; 11-19-2009 at 03:12 PM.