View Single Post
Old 07-23-2002, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Default Time to fight back and stop being ripped off

Posted By: Jeff Obermeyer

I've got to agree with Bruce here. If the seller does have solid feedback you really should give them the benefit of the doubt before you threaten to do a whole bunch of other stuff. If, after reading your initial polite email, the seller refuses to comply, then you can always let them know what's in store.

A similar thing happened to me about two years ago with an N300 Mayo. The second I opened the package I knew it was a repro and was bummed, figuring I'd have a long fight to see my $130 again. However, I emailed the seller with my concerns and presto - full refund, no problems.

This has happened to me once on the selling end as well, when I sold someone a 1956 Topps Jackie Robinson that he sent to PSA - they said it was trimmed. He sent me a nice email, I refunded his money (I opted to keep the card... didn't want to sell it as trimmed only to have someone else sell it as legit).

Adam, I think that you may have let your recent experience with the wacko have too much impact on that email. Just one man's opinion...

Jeff