View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 10:06 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Paypal giveth and Paypal taketh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdecsports View Post
In a time when there are so many eBay sellers selling “shady” items & scamming eBay buyers, this post is to warn eBay sellers & Net54 members of eBay buyer everythingtreasure (Gary Stevens of Jericho, NY). At the end of March, Gary won 2 of my eBay auctions, a 1920 Baseball Magazine with Ruth on the cover & a 1920’s Rogers Hornsby writing tablet, winning them for just under $300 a piece. The morning after the auctions, Gary wanted to back out on the Ruth magazine because he didn’t realize how rough it was, but he clearly didn’t read the description or look at the photos. When you state in the description "chipping along the spine, and the covers are loose & detached from the interior pages”, it’s pretty clear what you are dealing with. I declined his request, and he eventually paid for the items, but not surprisingly he filed a “Not as Described” claim with PayPal.

Paypal took his side & granted him a refund for both items, pending the return of both items in the same condition. Gary took the opportunity to keep the Hornsby tablet, just returning the Ruth magazine, and even that was in worse condition than when it was shipped to him, but he got the refund for both items. Luckily PayPal realized his scam, and after filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Center per Paypal’s request, they paid me for the two items.

Included is a picture of the Ruth magazine. Proceed with caution when dealing with Gary, and I will be avoiding his financial advisor services.

Regards,

Bryan Dec