View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 04:56 AM
Rob G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Then again, I wouldn't expect anyone who dislikes laws intended to protect children to understand that.
David, I'm not quite sure that just because a person doesn't agree with passing the proposed Caylee's Law means that they can painted with a broad stroke of disliking laws intended to protect children.

I'm fine with saying that a parent/caregiver should report their child's death in a timely manner, but nailing a specific timeframe on it or suffering consequences of being nailed with a felony and possibility of what, 20 years jailtime? for missing the deadline is just a little overboard. What if they miss the deadline by 2 minutes? If some lawyer wanted to, they could prosecute them and technically it'd hold up cuz hey, its the law!!!

Laws are often good-intentioned when they are created. But if they are too general, then they can be used for purposed other than created. For example, on a less lethal scale, on the main board Barry Sloate mentioned the law about regulating prices on rent for NYC apartments that was created after WW2 or whatever for returning soldiers, but is outdated and causes a lot of headache in the area in today's economy. Just an example is all.

Have a good day,
Rob