View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 08:52 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

My main concern would start with the Feller as the rest of you pointed out...While the Koufax and Ryan both look somewhat legit on their own(keep in mind, I don't know much about Koufax's signature), it's my opinion that the Feller and Ryan were signed by the same hand. I only say this because the "B" in Bob, and the "R" in Ryan are formed the exact same at the top. So unless, Nolan Ryan himself, forged the Feller signature, I'm gonna assume that the Ryan is questionable as well. Then you gotta figure that if 2 out of the 3 signatures on the ball are questionable, I'd imagine that the 3rd is as well.

Now as some have already stated, and i completely agree with, all three are probably written by the same person...The Ryan and Koufax are good enough to give a second though to, so I'll assume the forger put a lot of practice into those. Now it would make sense that with Feller being the most common, not as much time was taken trying to perfect his, thus explaining why his is a bit more obvious.

Last edited by novakjr; 03-20-2011 at 08:58 AM.