Thread: May pickups
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 07:24 AM

I am going by T206Resource. Their checklist has 14 confirmed and it was 13 when I first put the list together, then someone found the Camnitz, so I added it. I actually decided to try for them all a year or so before I started, so that's why I only have seven now.

I got a couple nice ones in a trade(see pic below) and then decided to go for the rest. I do check their list from time to time for updates just in case. Message me if you find the checklist that says more than 14 are available so we don't clutter the May pickup thread. Thanks.

BTW, I have Gibson, Miller, Clarke/port, Maddox, Wilson, Camnitz arms folded and above head. Phillippe seems very easy, so I've passed on a few nicer ones, looking for VG range

Quote:
Originally Posted by frohme View Post
Awesome, John - very tough card!

That "over head" Camnitz wasn't confirmed when I stopped working on the Pirates back in 2012, as far as I know. At that time, I believed there were 15 confirmed, with only Willis, Abstein, and that Camnitz being no-shows. I did not have an image of a couple, and Clarke (fielding) was a bit of a mystery, but I thought it had been confirmed by someone (I do not have the records).

This one would bump it to at least 15 known, 16 if Clarke (fldg) is actually confirmed.

Either way, there are some tough ones in the list, but you've knocked off a big one - congrats!

--
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0005.jpg (76.4 KB, 1227 views)
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS

Last edited by z28jd; 05-03-2015 at 07:29 AM.