View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 02:03 PM

Talking Rebuttal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Couldn't disagree more.

As I mentioned on this thread in the main forum, there was an armed citizen in Tucson coming out of the grocery when Gabby Giffords was shot. He chose not to fire because he said the chaos of the situation made him unsure of his target and worried he would hit other innocents. And he had visibility and room to maneuver. Law enforcement lauded his decision.
And your entitled to your opinion as well, even if wrong. Of course you can spin this anyway you want but I never meant that I wanted every idiot in the country running around with a weapon and pulling it under any circumstance. What I Meant and want to be Clear on is a Trained and Armed citizenry makes me feel a whole lot safer than the status quo. The guy in Tuscon who chose not to fire made the right decision, as I would, and any properly Trained and "Licensed to Carry" individual should and would.

Every situation is different and putting some literary story drama spin on your argument against having weapons is as wrong as distorting the facts of any hypothetical argument. Under some circumstances Having a Gun and being able to Use it Is The Right thing to do, no ifs and or buts.

I stand by my statement, If I would have been there and felt I could make a difference, since "I Do Carry", I would have used it if possible. Then again being previously in Law Enforcement I do not depend on others to defend Myself and My Own, that is my prerogative.........Period!!!

Peace Out

Neil