View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 10:20 AM
David L.

Yeah that T218 side view Johnson is such a remarkable card. It's a gorgeous card (as opposed to some of his other high value cards), it's from Johnson's prime, and you can always find one for cheap.

I don't know about most iconic or most valuable but that card is a gem. There's plenty of other cards I'd be willing to throw into consideration for the top five from that set (Langford, Jeannette, Nelson).

I also really love the T220 Peter Jackson card. It's a retrospective card but still fantastic in appearance and bio.

The 1908 Ogden's Joe Gans card, which is may be his first card is a really cool card. Speaking of Ogden's, I'll throw in the 1902 Series A "Jem" Jefferies card.

Additionally I think the 1908 Ogden's Tommy Burns card is great as it talks about him being world champ on the back. By the next year's set, there would be an odd pictured Jack Johnson card extolling his virtues. It's an interesting snapshot of boxing history. I'm not sure how many Burns cards there are which mention him as the current champ. Ah, enjoy it while it lasts Tommy.

Last edited by david_l; 10-03-2016 at 10:27 AM.