View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 11:24 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
No we owned the house we lived in. It needed work and was in a horrible neighborhood. So we bought a decent house super cheap close to my wifes workplace. I done 99% of the work on it and it took close to 2 years. We replaced pretty much everything but the 2X4s in the walls. We saved a ton of money by buying unfinished cabinets/island in the kitchen. Just staining them ourselves saved us easily half the cost.
two years?! sounds like you were a weekend warrior.

Off topic story. My friend got a down payment from his parents to buy a house when he was 20 or 21. It was in a nice neighborhood. But....an 80 yo man died in August, alone, without the air conditioner on. He literally melted in the house. After they ripped out the carpet you could see his body outline on the subflooring. He was found 7-10 days later. It was gross. His body had even evaporated into the double paned windows. Everything needed replaced. Luckily, his dad had lots of experience remodeling, so they worked on the house together. At some point his dad stopped working on the house once the major projects were accomplished. I think even 7-10 years later there were still small unfinished projects a guest could see around the house.

Anyway, the his was sold at a bargain price which my friend and his parents thought was a deal too sweet to pass up.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 01-27-2024 at 11:25 PM.