View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:51 PM
J0sh J0nes

Default Legends of the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
About 4-5 years ago I found a great old sportscard/memorabilia shop in downtown Toronto. I loaded up on some 1950s/60s non-sports cards, a few tobacco baseball cards and about a dozen 1954-55 Topps hockey cards (overpaid a bit for the hockey, but they were NICE...)

I can't remember the name of it, but in doing an online search I think it might have been "Fastball Collectibles" (?). I spoke to a gentleman on the phone who said he closed his shop in 2010 to sell his items online only.

My question for our friends in Toronto - Does anyone know of any good card shops in the downtown area (that are open on weekdays)? I'm making a visit next week and have some free time on Monday.

The store (at King and John) Richard referred to is Legends of the Game. It looks much the same as it did 5 years ago (still beside the Tim Hortons). It has some vintage baseball and, although I don't usually look too much at the hockey cards, I think it has a decent hockey selection. If you're in downtown TO, it is worth checking out, although I would temper your expectations.

I don't know of any other card stores in downtown TO.

Josh