View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 02:31 PM

Default Bad card sold by 4_sharp_corners

Hello everyone, my name is Howard and this is my first post. I have been a lurker for some time now. I collect pre-1900 cards and Babe Ruth cards mostly in Ruth's playing days.

I recently purchased a PSA 10 1972 Babe Ruth Kellogg's card from
"4_sharp_corners" on Nov. 24th, 2009. When I got the card I noticed that the back of the card had a piece of chocolate stuck to the back of the card INSIDE the PSA holder. PSA really blew it on this one. With a stain/piece of chocolate stuck on the card, there was no was this could be a PSA 10 card. It was probably a 3 or 4 at best.

I sent the card back and told the seller "4_sharp_corners" about the problem and they reluctantly refunded my money of $59.99. They insisted the card was "still a PSA 10 card" even with the stain/chocolate stuck on the card. I told them they had a PSA 10 holder with a VG/VG-Ex card inside.

I happened to look in the newer cards section today and seen this EXACT same card for sale, this time with a $100 asking price. Unfortunately someone bought it. Is there anyway we can get a hold of the buyer and tell them they just spent $100 on a $2 card?

Apparently 4_sharp_corners is in the business of ripping off unsuspecting customers. They knew the card was bad and went ahead and resold it anyway. Can anyone help on this? I have been saved by this board numerous times by somebody posting on the board about bad cards/sellers and I want to do my part and help this buyer. Thanks.

Here is the link of my auction:
ebay item # 110458866604
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Here is the link of the same card sold today:
ebay item # 110468992329
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

PS. I kept all the emails to and from 4_sharp_corners for proof if anybody wants to see them. Thanks again.

How.ard Bro.ll

Last edited by HBroll; 12-17-2011 at 09:56 AM.