Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 01:07 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan09 View Post
The DVD trilogy in the blue box (released in 2008) is going for big bucks now. I believe it's the only set that ever released the original theatrical cuts on DVD's. I bought this set becaue of that probably a year or so after it was first released and paid up for it because of this. I think I may have paid 60-80 bucks? can't remember, it originally was released at 39.99 I believe, in the stores. Sealed DVD sets of these have been going for $200-300+ lately on ebay I think. Opened sets anywhere from 100-200 depending on shape of box. I wish I had known, I would have kept my set better (discs mint though). I opened it and watched them and the outer box got a bit banged up since I bought it. Glad I bought mine when I did.

The theatrical cuts are on the bonus disc in each movie box. 6 total DVDs (2 each movie). the main first disc in each his one of the changed "special edition" re-releases but they have superior sound and picture quality to the original cuts on the bonus disc. But anyone who wants the un-tampered with "Han shoots first' versions needs to own this set, to have it on a watchable format.

I feel like a kid again too and couldn't help myself from buying some of the new toys. I also bought the 1st 4 comics from the 70's and am thinking of picking up a few more vintage toys... Indeed the force has awoken in me.
Woah, I wish I'd known about those DVDs. No idea why Lucas was so tight fisted with the old versions. We all know Han killed Greedo in cold blood, stop with the revisionist history! Wouldn't seem Disney would want to get behind that version either, but with that said, cannot imagine how much they'd make if they released a new, remastered version of the originals. They could even force people to buy the prequels by packaging them into the box set.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who's aging in reverse. I now find myself watching old unopened figures and posters on eBay.