View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 11:05 AM
Shane

While we are all complaining about PSA, I have a couple of things to say.

Some of you remember a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle that I owned briefly back in 2008.....it was recolored over the entire background. It was in the ballpark of the same color, but a little brighter. It is believed to have been recolored by some kid way back in the 1950s. Anyway, the card is 100% legitimate with pixels being present under magnification, etc. I personally talked to Joe Orlando about the card and expressed my desire to have it slabbed in an authentic holder. We probably talked about 15 minutes. I described to him in detail this card and he was perfectly fine with slabbing it. He even said that they had slabbed a T206 Cobb with almost the entire back missing. In short, I was 100% assured that they would slab this card. So, I sent it in and ....of course.... they said that the background was colored to much for them to slab.

Also, I own a very rare 1998 Topps Sportzcubz Complete Set. I have been told multiple times that PSA would holder any card that is listed in the SCD. These Sportzcubz are listed in the SCD. I called to confirm before I sent them in.....and of course, they would not holder because they said that they are prototypes. So, I sent to Beckett. The entire set now resides in BGS slabs.