View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 09:11 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I don't understand why these Bowman minor league cards are so expensive when the 80s and 90s minor league cards, also sometimes issued years before the ML rookie cards, sell for next to nothing.

Example, you could probably pick up a Mint 1986 Palm Beach Randy Johnson, a top 10 or so all time pitcher, three years before his RCs, for under $100. And the pops are nothing compared to the Bowmans I would imagine.
I understand what you are saying, and you are correct. But not all the minor league cards from the 1980s are quite that cheap. I have a 1980 Reading Phillies AA card of Ryne Sandberg (his first card) because that is the local minor league team for me.

I didn't think I had ever seen a Sandberg PSA Reading Phillies card sell for under $300 (at least not since I started following the card). When I looked at PSA's auction results listings, the cheapest Sandberg Reading Phillies card listed sold for $300.

Last edited by Bored5000; 05-26-2018 at 09:53 AM.