Thread: Tebow circus
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Anyone who has played Baseball with loved doing so, always wants more.

To have an opportunity to compete at the highest level, warranted or not, is a dream anyone who is honest with themselves would love to experience in real life.

I have not played in more than 15 years, and, even though the last few games proved without a doubt that I could no longer be competitive, it crushed me to have that connection to my past come to an end.

There remains an urge in me, to jump (nope, can't even do that) onto the field at whatever game (at whatever talent level) I attend and have that opportunity one last time.

And this is from someone who had as definite closure to that part of my life as there could be.

The desire, however, remains...and I do not criticize ANYONE for pursuing the same.

Tim Tebow deserves the opportunity- in doing so with his normal enthusiasm and conviction, he does nothing but honor the game and its connection to all of us who once had it as a very important part of our physical existence.

I wish him all the best!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente