View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Ja,mie B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Dude, you said that all people lie, thousands or tens of thousands of times, and don't even know it. I'm sorry, that's just bogus. And calling Eric insincere in his statement is an ad hominem statement that you cannot back up.
Definition of sincere - "free of pretense or deceit"

If the other two statements I consider to be lies, then wouldn't they be insincere by definition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
You seem to be at ease with pathological liars. I'm sorry that I'm not. I think it's a very clear character flaw. And with Zone91, it wasn't a simple white lie like "no, that dress doesn't make you look fat, honey". He was taking money out of people's pockets. He was creating a criminal act by entering into a legally binding contract, and then backing out.
LOL, I am not at ease with pathological liars. I thought Adrian should go, just like most the rest of you. But that doesn't mean we haven't lied. Zoner was kind of a grey line because his lies didn't do much financial damage but he was a large nuisance. It wasn't good for the community. The rest can be argued all day long. But I don't think he committed any crimes where he would be persecuted by the state and you wind up behind bars. It would probably be a civil offense. So there you have it - another potential lie by yourself about Adrian committing criminal acts. Just my case in point that we lie all the time without realizing it. Cheers.

Last edited by cyseymour; 09-05-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: grammar