View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 12:59 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Jake the same guy who won't pay you or me 1000 for a card (for example) will pay 1500 when a PWCC lists it. Since in overwhelming part we are dealing with commodities where the seller (as long as you are sure you will get the card) makes no difference, it makes no sense, but it's they way it is.

I get the added security of buying a 52 Mantle from someone highly visible (but see recent Goodwin fiasco). But for the vast majority of the commodity cards we buy and sell?
I guess but then all sellers shouldn't even bother mentioning what a cards sold for at heritage or Goodwin or the like unless they subtract the 20% + as 'that's the way it is' but I got a feeling a lot of private sellers don't agree with that....I never heard someone try to sell me a card a say..well at memory lane it went for 2000 so that means its market is 1500 because that's the way it is...or I guess the BP is enough to subtract from to make it market value for direct seller versus reputable auction house....I do usually cite what a seller nets on a card at an AH when I try to buy a card from a seller..but to me that's the real market price for a seller..what a seller can expect to net on a card...so I guess we should further subtract from that as a direct seller should expect to get less than the highest bid before BP at a reputable AH...after all that's the way it is...lol

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 12-26-2015 at 01:00 PM.