View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
Today he was placed on Admin Leave, with the expectation he will not return this season. Considering this is a legal matter, I would be shocked if he returns next season. I did find it interesting though, he will continue to get service time accrual and paid until the matter is settled. I understand payment, but accruing service time should not be part of the deal.

His card prices are tanking. What he did was worse than Bauer.

Bauer is blackballed because he seems to make poor life choices. One can easily deduct that his drone/hand accident hurt the Indians playoff hopes in 2016. If he had been healthy, they might have had a better stronger bullpen; Andrew Miller was superman, but even he was tired running on fumes. Bauer pitched a loss in Game 2 of the WS because he couldn't throw off speed.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
I am a total novice when it comes to collecting for profit, so I would love to understand the logic behind those people who bought his refractor rookie cards for $200 to $300 over the past three days. Was the view that he would be exonerated and his reputation would remain intact? Seems like there really should be no bid. I mean, you can get Lawrence Taylor rookie cards for a fraction of what they should be worth because he got involved in the underage stuff. And this was after he made the HOF and was consensus top 1-3 as the best defender in NFL history.

Last edited by bk400; 08-22-2023 at 11:51 AM.